Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Treatment of Old Tecchniques


I happen to be a needlework addict: knitting since the age of 6, crocheting since college, embroidering in different ways all along the way. Hardanger, a form of withdrawn thread work that originated in Norway, is the latest technique I've learned, though it was abou 17 years ago, and I give it my own twist, like everything else in my crazy life.

My newest creation in Hardanger is now for sale in my Artfire studio, Hardanger brooches. They are seen nowhere else on Artfire, Zibbet, or Etsy, that I could find before listing them, and I only hope they go over well. The technique of Hardanger is usually done in white or ecru thread on matching fabric, but I love using color in unusual ways, so mine are all done in unique color combinations. I have one example here, just go to my studio, Acadienne, if you want to see what else I have up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment