Friday, June 11, 2010

What is a Life Lived Otherwise?

Well, I remember hearing the phrase from a college professor of literature that teachers of English are those who teach otherwise, and I now paraphrase him to describe much of the way my life has gone. How else can you refer to a Baby Boomer female who has spent most of her life doing things that most women don't even consider, but now finds herself working as a nurse (lpn) and also selling needlecrafts online? Of course, I was the one who did needlework while watching sports with Dad, and also gave my commanding officer a handmade Christmas ornament, so I guess I've always been a bit conflicted. I've also recently discovered that part of what makes me so different is that I very likely have Asperger's Syndrome, mildly so, thus I never quite fit in, but manage to function just fine most of the time. In this blog, do expect examples of my crafted items as well as those of my fellow Artfire artisans, and, of course, my thoughts on various subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment